Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sandi (Petersen) Langley - Class of 1961

Well, I certainly hope we're all able to attend in five years. I hated missing this reunion, but I was incapacitated by a complicated knee surgery and then trying to die, but all is well now. 
I once told a friend that I had never lived anywhere that wasn't scenic. The Mendocino Coast, Persian Gulf, Sonoma County, the San Benito Mountains and the last 38 years here in the Owens Valley. 
Chris and I met in the Peace Corps, during training in Austin, Texas, then, after two years in Iran, we came home and got married. We moved to New Idria, a mining camp in San Benito County, with our son Matt, and lived there for three years, teaching. From there, we moved here to Lone Pine, where Simon was born. We retired from teaching in 2001 and will probably live here forever, since Chris is very involved with the Lone Pine Film Festival, The Beverly and Jim Rogers Museum of Lone Pine Film History; he is the Executive Director, being the Film Commissioner of Inyo County, serving on the County School Board, and working with the Annenberg Foundation on projects. What do I do? Mostly follow him around and read. 
Our son, Matt, is a teacher in Santa Rosa and is also "the voice of the Santa Rosa Panthers," announcing their football and basketball games and also playoff games. He and his wife, Juli, live in Sebastopol with their three daughters. Juli has a preschool.
Our son Simon and his wife, Wendy, live in Chico where he is service manager for Boradori Auto Repair and a musician.
Life is good and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next reunion.
Sandy (Petersen) Langley 
If you feel like sending an email, I can be reached at Cheefwil@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment