Sunday, August 22, 2010

Charles Cabassi - Class of 1956

Attended California State University San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly) from 1956-1961 and graduated with a B.S. in Agricultural Engineering. I became involved with E.C. Loomis and Son Insurance Associates and was licensed as an agent-broker in Property and Casualty Insurance. I later purchased the business with a partner and have been in business for fifty years.

I am the father of four kids, Carol, Joe, Shelly, and Mike. There are four grandkids and one great-grandkid.

I spent many years in the usual community and youth organizations: Babe Ruth Baseball, Campfire, Boy Scouts, Sheriff’s Advisory Council, County School Board School District Reorganization, San Luis Obispo County Insurance Agents Association, Cuesta College Foundation, Cuesta College and Cal Poly Athletic Boosters, Five Cities Men’s Club. Also, I was the recipient of the Ken Talley Youth Services Award, Distinguished Service Award Five Cities J.C.S., Lion of the Year, and Private Business of the Year-E.O.C.

I still find time to enjoy sports and outdoor activities including, ocean fishing, crabbing, fly fishing, hunting, and barbecuing.

My roots still run deep in the North Coast. I have been returning on a regular basis all these years. I figure 300,000 miles to date. I experience a sense of melancholy as years pass and realize there are less folks left. Glad to hear about the reunion, let me thank you now for all your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment