Monday, August 9, 2010

Donald Ellingson - Class of 1961

After graduation from P.A.U.H.S. in 1961 I went to Fresno State College on an agricultural scholarship. I worked in their dairy and made all the butter and ice cream that was used on campus. This included a batch of red,white and blue ice cream for a 4th of July visit by govenor Pat Brown. I quit school after 1 year ,when it became clear that this life style was not for me, and returned to Elk. I worked for my dad in the woods for a year and then decided that also was not a lifetime career choice. In 1963 I enrolled at Santa Rosa Junior College in the law enforcement program. In 1964 , while at the J.C. , I met Yvonnette Weeks and we were married in Aug.1966. I joined the Oakland Police Dept. in Oct. 1966 . In Jan. 1967 I was drafted and spent 2 years in the Army. Most of that time was spent in Washington D.C. in the Old Guard. My main job was to go to Andrews Air Base and pick up heads of state and their familys and deliver them to Blair House ( presidential guest house ) After the army I returned to O.P.D. where I retired in 1991. My wife and I have 2 children , Tracy works for the State of California and on July 30,2010 had our first grandchild ( Blake Austin ). Kimberly is a chiropractor. Both live in the Sacramento area. We live in Del Webb Sun City in Lincoln , Calif. about a mile from Gene and Judy Price ( P.A.U.H.S. class of 1957 ) We enjoy traveling and cruising. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment