Monday, August 23, 2010

Karen (Stornetta) Shurtz – Class of 1961

Left Point Arena the day after high school graduation in 1961 and moved to San Francisco. Went to vocational school and received a certificate in dental nursing.

Moved back to Point Arena and had several jobs. Met my husband in 1970 and got married in 1971. We have 3 girls and 5 grandchildren

He was in the Air Force and we moved to the Los Angeles area in 1974. We went to Virginia from 1976 to 1978. We returned to California in 1978 and were stationed in Sacramento at Mather AFB.

My husband retired from active duty in 1982 and we stayed in Rancho Cordova. I went back to school and got a certificate in early childhood education (ECE). I worked in ECE for many years as we toured the USA.

We moved to Albuquerque New Mexico in 1997 where we both worked at Kirtland AFB. 1999 brought us back to California and Yuba City, when my husband got a job at Beale AFB. I went to work for Sam’s Club and Tom worked at Beale until he retired in 2006. I worked for Sam’s until 2008. We have our home and plan to stay in Yuba City.

We recently went on a Mexican cruise for his 50 year class reunion in Long Beach Ca, loved it! That hooked us on more cruises.

I’m glad we are having this reunion and am looking forward to seeing everyone.

You can contact me at:

kgshurtz@aol.com
530-755-0870

No comments:

Post a Comment